Russian e-Visa requirements
Since the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has introduced the electronic visa system, traveling to this transcontinental country became effortless! It’s as easy as following three simple steps using your phone or any other device with an internet connection.
Read on to get all the necessary information regarding the Russian e-Visa requirements, and make sure that you prepare the documents listed in this section. Submitting a successful application is directly linked to properly attaching the required documents. Luckily, the requirements are elementary, and the documents can be easily gathered within minutes!
Apply at least 5 business days ahead of the planned trip to Russia to receive the obligatory entry permit on time. The approved e-Visa arrives at the applicant’s email address in the form of a PDF file.
What is the e-Visa to Russia?
The Russian e-Visa has been implemented to increase tourist visits to the country. It comes in the form of an electronic document that links straight to the applicant’s passport. The best part about this entry permit is the fact that it’s obtainable 100% online!
It serves as a single-entry permit allowing an 8-day stay in Russia. You can visit this vast country for not only tourism but also business purposes, including:
- going on vacation
- exploring Russia and its tourist destination
- negotiating contracts with your Russian business partners
- looking for new work collaborations opportunities
- or simply visit your friends and family residing in Russia
Apply for yours online if you’re a citizen of one of the eligible countries and meet all of the Russian e-Visa requirements.
What documents should I prepare?
To visit the Russian federation with an electronic visa, all you have to do is submit an online form. However, make sure that you meet the requirements and have collected all of the essential documents prior to starting the application process.
All applicants should attach the following documents to their online visa application form:
- the applicant’s face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- purchased insurance for the upcoming trip to Russia
- a passport that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of the travel
Please note! The applicant’s photo must show the whole face without any glasses or hats. Moreover, the photo can be blurred, overexposed, or cut.
What countries can apply for the Russian e-Visa?
Another crucial requirement to meet is to be a citizen of one of the following countries:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Great Britain
- United States
Please remember that your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from arriving to Russia.
How can I apply for the Russian visa online?
The application for the Russian e-Visa could not be more simple! First, make sure that you meet the requirements and are prepared to start the application process. Once you’ve collected the required documents and have them ready, follow these simple steps:
- Put in some basic personal and travel details into the online visa application form. Provide your name, date of birth, nationality, email address, and passport data. Next, thoroughly check if every piece of information provided is correct.
- Using any online payment method you prefer, cover the Russian e-Visa fee. Every applicant at that point in the application process receives the confirmation number assuring that the form has been submitted.
- Check your email box for the PDF file with the electronic visa to Russia. Most applications are approved within 72 hours; however, the process may elongate to 96 hours (4 business days).
Please note! Ensure that your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months starting from the intended date of arrival in Russia. Otherwise, your application may not be approved.
What happens after I submit the form?
There are only a few steps that stand between you and Russia after submitting the e-Visa form online. First, check your email box for the PDF file of the electronic visa. Then, print it out and prepare the printed e-Visa copy along with your valid passport.
The two mentioned documents will be checked upon entering the Russian Federation by the customs officials.
The last step is choosing the preferred port of entry from the list of the border crossing points that accept electronic visas. It’s essential to enter and leave the territory of the Russian Federation via the same port. You can use numerous air checkpoints, sea ports, or land border crossings.
Please note! To avoid elongating the application process, delays, or issues with approval, make sure to correctly put all your data in the online form. Any mistakes, errors, or missing information can make you wait longer for your entry permit to arrive.
Apply for a visa online and visit Russia for up to 8 days! e-Visas are necessary to travel to Russia and stay valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
Benefits of applying using our services
We can grant all applicants the most professional online visa handling experience, including:
- a 72-hour average processing time
- a quick and simple 3-step application process that can be completed within minutes anywhere at any time
- the possibility of applying using any working device with an internet connection
- full assistance of our support team via email and phone
- approved entry permits arrive at the applicant’s email address in PDF form!