Are you a UK citizen who plans to travel to Russia soon? We have the most fantastic news for you! The Russian Federation government has introduced a new electronic visa system that allows all UK citizens to apply for their entry permits from home.
Forget about the tiring visits to the Embassy with long waiting lines, excessive required paperwork, and the stressful visa interviews. Traveling to Russia is now at your fingertips; all you have to do is submit the application form online using your phone, laptop, PC, or any other device.
The approved e-Visas are delivered directly to the applicant’s email box in the form of a PDF file. Moreover, the processing time takes maximally 96 hours (4 business days), and most applications are approved under 72 hours.
Read on for everything you may possibly need when applying for a Russian e-Visa from the UK! From requirements and documents to prepare, to the application process and benefits you’ll get when using an online visa for Russia.
How can UK citizens prepare for the Russian e-Visa application process?
To apply for the online visa for Russia, all you need is three simple documents. However, it’s crucial to be prepared before starting the application process.
All UK citizens must have the following documents on hand when applying for an e-Visa to Russia:
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of the trip
- the applicant’s face photograph
- medical insurance
Please note! You can easily take the face photo using your phone or even a PC camera. However, do not cover your head or face in any way, including with glasses.
Russian e-Visa application process for UK citizens
The United Kingdom is one of the eligible for a Russian e-Visa countries. That creates a great deal of facilitation in the visa handling process, as well as traveling to Russia overall.
Complete the application process wherever you are, whenever you want! Once you have collected the required documents listed in the previous section, use your phone, laptop, or any other device, and follow these simple steps:
- Fill the application form: provide your data, such as your name, birth date, nationality, travel details, passport information, and current email address.
- Cover the fees: use your credit/debit card, pay via PayPal or PayU, or choose any other online payment method to complete this step. Once your payment registers, you will receive a confirmation number.
- Wait for approval: as soon as your Russian e-Visa is processed, it will be delivered to your email box. Download the received PDF file and print your approved electronic visa out.
Please note! The best way to avoid any delays or problems with e-Visa approval is to fill the application form correctly. Any mistakes, misinformation, or missing details may lead to an elongated application process.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone! We are happy to assist anyone needing help during and after completing the application process.
Benefits of using the Russian e-Visa
Applying for an electronic visa for Russia comes with numerous benefits. Take a look at what can you get when applying for the Russian visa online:
- a single-entry permit allowing an 8-day stay
- 96 hours of a maximum waiting for approval time
- a 72-hour average processing time
- application process conducted entirely online
- elementary requirements (all you need is a valid passport, health insurance, and your face photo)
- no visits to the Embassy or other official institution
- the approved Russian e-Visa is delivered straight to the applicant’s email box
- UK citizens can use their e-Visa to travel to Russia for all tourism and business-related purposes
- our professional team thoroughly checks each application to make sure it will be approved
Visiting the Russian Federation from the United Kingdom is no longer complicated! All there’s left to do is submit an application at least 4 days ahead of the planned trip. Grab your valid passport and apply online without visiting an Embassy nor a Consulate.
Plan your trip and get your Russian visa online for an effortless traveling experience!
How much is the Russian online visa for UK citizens?
e-Visas for the Russian Federation cost XX Euro for all UK citizens. You can easily cover the fees using any online payment method you prefer. Whether that would be your credit/debit card, a PayPal account, PayU, or any other method.
How do I apply for a Russian e-Visa from the UK?
Since the UK is one of the countries eligible for an online visa, applying will take you just a few minutes. Get the required documents on hand and fill the application form with your data. Once that’s done, simply cover the fees and wait for the approval. The PDF file containing your e-Visa will be delivered to you via email.
Can I go to Moscow with an e-Visa?
Yes! The Russian capital city – Moscow, is within your reach when traveling with an e-Visa. Make sure to have your valid online visa and your travel document ready upon arrival in Russia. The customs officials will check if you have the two documents on hand.
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
The Russian e-Visa is a single-entry permit, meaning that all UK citizens can enter Russia once within the online visa validity period. To revisit this transcontinental country, apply for a new e-Visa for Russia. Please note! To stay in the country without any issues, your travel document must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of entering Russia.