Business Visa to Russia
The Russian government has come forward with a special visa type designed for all entrepreneurs with any business affairs to handle in Russia. Foreign visitors can apply for either a multiple-entry business visa, double-entry, or a single-entry permit.
The type of visa you’ll eligible for differs depending on your nationality. You can stay in Russia for 3 months or even up to one year! Negotiate future contracts, take care of your business relationships, look for new cooperation opportunities, or simply take a business trip.
Unfortunately, the Russian business visa is not that easy to obtain. You have to have a few official documents, visit the Embassy, and wait up to 10 days for approval. Read on to find out how to complete the application process for the business visa to Russia, what documents do you need to prepare, if there are any alternatives for this complicated procedure.
Russian business visa requirements
This section describes in detail how you can prepare to submit a successfully approved application for a business visa to the Russian federation.
Some documents may need to be prepared a few weeks prior to the actual application process. Thus, make sure to read on and collect what’s necessary beforehand.
All applicants should have:
- an invitation letter issued by a company located in the Russian Federation that you plan on working with (or issued directly by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Russia)
- a completed application form taken from the official Russian government website
- applicant’s face photograph
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months starting from the date of leaving to your home country
Please note! Applications with incomplete documentation may be rejected. Ensure that you have all of the essential paperwork when submitting the form at an Embassy or a Consulate.
Business visa for Russia types and application process
The business visas for Russia come in three different types:
- a single-entry permit for a 90-day stay
- a double-entry permit valid for 90 days (three months)
- a multiple-entry permit that may be issued for up to 12 months
The first and most crucial step when applying for a Russian business visa is gathering the required paperwork. Look at the previous section and find out which documents do you need to prepare before completing the application process.
Follow this guide to apply for the Russian visa for business people:
- Download a visa application form from the official Russian government website and fill it out. Provide the necessary information, basic personal and travel details.
- Print the completed form and sign it. Attach your photograph to it and start collecting every document that needs to be submitted with the form.
- Once you have all of the required paperwork ready, go to the nearest Russian Consulate or an Embassy to submit the documents.
- Cover the Russian business visa fees while at the Consulate or an Embassy. The costs may differ depending on the selected type of entry permit.
The processing time may take up to 10 business days and elongate if necessary. Apply in advance to receive your entry permit on time.
Arrival in Russia with a business visa
Once you obtain the approved Russian business visa, all there’s left to do is pack your bags and prepare the paperwork that will be controlled upon arrival. Make sure that you have:
- the approved business visa
- a valid passport
After you cross the Russian Federation border with the regular business visa, you must register your entry permit within a maximum of 7 days from arriving.
Russian e-Visa for business usage
There is an alternative for all entrepreneurs that need to handle their business affairs in Russia but do not want to visit the Russian Consulate or an Embassy, wait 10 days for approval, and waste time gathering the documents and an official business invitation.
You can enter the territory of the Russian Federation for a short 8-day trip with a single-entry electronic Russian visa. The electronic type of visa can be used for tourism and business purposes.
If your stay in Russia does not exceed 8 days, you can travel with an online visa that is obtainable without Embassy visits. Apply using any working device with an internet connection. All you have to do is spare a few minutes to complete the application process.
Russian e-Visa processing time and delivery
The electronic Russian visa that can also be used like regular business visas is obtained online. All you have to have is a valid passport, the applicant’s face photo (that can be taken with a phone), and a confirmation of purchased medical insurance.
Submitting the form takes just a few minutes, and the processing time takes a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days).
The approved e-Visa to Russia will be delivered to your email box in the form of a PDF file! Make your life and travels easier with electronic Russian visas.
Contact our support team to get to know more on applying for an e-Visa without a visit to the Consulate!